I need to loose weight bad because that can increase your risks of diabetes, kindly help me

i just had my son in december and found out i had gestational diabetes . my doctor i had through out my pregnancy had told me that 10 years after having my son i could develope type 2 diabetes . well that i would have a high risk developing it. diabetes runs high on my moms side of the family. plus im 50 pounds over wieght. i didnt talk to my physican becasue i dont have one but i really need to loose weight bad because that can increase your risks of diabetes. well i took the pill on an empty stomach this morning then ate breafast like 10min. later after i ate i decided to get in the shower. it was like a warm bath well after i got out i felt really shakey ever since then even now i feel pretty nausated. is that bad ? also is there anything else i could try instead that would help me ?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011