I need medicine for cold. Had different city water

I am 40 yrs old, need medicen for cold im just feeling today, had different city water...travelling lot in the last week...I dont moke smoke...occasional drinking
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jan 2010
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Sir I am Dr Ravinder Sharma On the basis of information provided it appears that you have a acute infection possibly due to contaminated water. It can be a bacterial infection or a viral infection. Viral infections usually settles in 5 to 7 days and all you need is some analgesics or antipyretics to take care of acute discomfort in throat. If it is a bacterial infection you will need antibiotics -- choice of antibiotic dpends on the causative organism. I would advise you to consult a docotor so that you can work toward the diagnosis of your problem. If you do not smoke or drink this will improve your chances of recovery. I hope this answers yor query I hope you get well soon. with regards Ravinder Sharma
  Anonymous's Response
I'm on methadone for pain. The last time I had a cold I took musinex, it put me in a black out zombi for two days.... So what can I take for a cold and congestion while on my methadone that won't throw me into this coma state, please help!!!!
you can take tab Sinarest at night Take plenty of fluids- and atleast 2 ltrs of water/day. YOur cold should be allright in 2-3 days. PLs do not take this tablet during work/ driving as it can make you a little drowsy take it at night only the tablet will relieve your symptoms.
  Anonymous's Response

take advil cold or chericold tablet for 3 days once in the morning and once in the night if in three days symptoms does not improve than you may have to go to doctor for examination and you may require antibiotics to control the cold