I m suffering from severe cough, Please advise me the remedy for it

I m suffering from severe cough for a month. I feel my chest is filled with some liquid and it doesnt let me breathe, talk or sleep easily. I ve tried all possible natural remedies like honey, ginger, pepper, milk and turmeric, etc., but of no use. I did take some medicine prescribed by my doctor, but I threw it up and since then I ve stopped all medicines. I ve also been throwing up often since then, but I m able to consume food. When I vomit, a transparent, thick liquid is thrown out. I also have post-nasal dripping and have recently developed headache. I m also prone to acidity, but not sure if this is connected. Its effecting my work too much. I m desperately in need of help. Please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Feb 2011