I lost alot of weight in a couple of months, what could be the reason for this?

I lost alot of weight in a couple of months....40lbs to be exact.. have no appetite and can t gain it back i only weigh 90 ls. help!! i am starting to feel weak and ill. my hair is falling out, I can t sleep well. it s nothing for me to stay up all night 2 to 3 times a week. everyone is starting to worry about me. my friend saw me for the first time in 6 months and said i looked like a cancer patient with hair. how bad is this on my health and how do i regain my appetite
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response

This is quite alarming, better get yourself evaluated by a good physician at the earliest. Sudden reduction of weight are hints of underlying medical problems.

Dr. Naveen Kumar