I keep getting odd flutters in my heartat random times in the day. Why is my heartbeat irregular ?

I keep getting odd flutters in my heart at random times in the day. Basically, it beats properly for a little while and then there s a faint beat thats out of rhythm and then the next beat is twice as hard. I think it s giving me odd dizzy spells as well. What does this mean ? Why is my heartbeat irregular ? I m only 19 and I m not overweight :-( Oh and I don t drink coffee, so I don t think it s caffeine related. I also don t really drink carbonated drinks or anything along those lines. Thanks to all who answer btw =)
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
there are many things it can be, most likely just stress related. you said youre 19 so i assume you're eithe rin college or probably just started a job. i know everyone says this, but u should go to a doctor and get an ekg. the exact same thing happens to me. i went to the doctor and within a few months i had an implanted defribrilator. dont mean to scare you or anything because it really is probably nothing, but getting it checked out cant hurt.