I just took a HPT And it was positive, what could it be ?

I am a few days late, I just took a HPT. And it was positive. But I have PMS, Cramps, and Bloating. Could It be a false positive ?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Apr 2010
Hi,thanks for posting your query.In a fertile women with missed period and positive test indicates pregnancy.This is applicable to majority of patients.Please get in touch with your doctor if you are in doubt.Whether you do not want to continue or continue it is important to diagnose it first.please take care.visit your doctor soon.
im 3 weeks late and still says not pregnant can i still be pregnant i still have pms cramps and everything could i still be pregnant......im not under any stress so im worried
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. There are chances of false positive reports.. However there are more chances that the reports may be true too.. If you still doubt the test, then you can repeat the test again after a few days and or alternatively get a blood HCG levels checked..