I just got my period today for the first time

I just got my period today for the first time im 12, help please!?
Well in the morning before school i used the bathroom and when I wiped blood was on the toilet paper not alot i mean it was mixed so it was really light(sorry if TMI) i mean it wasnt a big thing just a little. is that normal because it didnt leak it wasnt even on my underwear im kinda scared because i just started today but will i have it tomorrow because my mom gave me pads after i used the bathroom. Is the first time suppose to be not alot? Also how long does it last?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
What you're experiencing sounds totally normal. Your first period may be light. The first day is usually light and then it may be heavy for a day or two and then lighten up again. That's just in general. Some people's periods last 3-4 days, others for 6-7. And, you may or may not get your period every month. In young girls who just start their period, it can take the body about 2 years before you get a regular period that comes every month.