I hsve been having trouble with my bowels. What can be the causes?

For the past 3weeks I hsve been having trouble with my bowels. At first laxitives where helping now they dont. I use to be able to push and then it felt normal even though it was painful even though there was no rectal bleeding . Now when I feel like I have to go I make an attempt and start pushing andits very painful on the left side of my anal. I jus recently tried an enema and it started burning as soon as it hit tge left side. Like alcohol on an open womb . Is that normal or should I go to the er. Im only 23 female and im always eating fiber but I keep having this issue. What can be the causes?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011