I hit my head in the shower. What should I do ?

hi i hit my head in the shower, and felt really weird and sick soo i got out and i have a lump and was bleeding , what should i do ?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Jul 2010
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response

First of all, you need dressing for your external wound.

Please consult Emergency Depertment in your locality.

You may need an CT scan of brain to rule of internal brain injruy, if you continue to feel dizzy or loose consciousness or vomitting.

They will keep you on observation for 24 hours.

Do not worry. Most of the time it will be superficial injury. Get yourself evaluated.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Get back to me in case of follow up queries.

General & Family Physician Dr. Akshith's  Response
thanks for the query,
first thing first head to a hospital emergency ward get yourself evaluated and if needed get a ct scan too to rule out any internal injuries to the brain, and if all the tests turn out to be normal after the doctor keeps you for observation for a period of 24-48 hours there's no need to worry.
take care.