I hear imaginary voices and can see some shadows that doesn't exist. Am I suffering from any mental disorder ?

since i was small maybe like seven i had been hearing voices calling my name i dont think they are in my head because they sound so real. but then as i got older it gets more worst becouse know i start to hear other stuff besides my name like its trying to get my attention by making weird noises or whistling and know i think i m seeing shadows fallowing me everywere but when i m not alone i dont hear nor see anything like that. i sometimes think that i m going crazy. i once told my mom about this and she just said that maybe i was just imagining stuff. am i actually going crazy?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Feb 2011
There is nothing called "crazy".

To you the experiences are real. That is all that matters.

60% of people hear voices or see things that others can not experience atleast once in their life. This is a proven fact.

The only difference is that your experiences are persisting for long time and are troubling you. The best thing to do is to get professional help. It could be that the most simple thing could be the answer to your problem, like talking about stress that you are experiencing at home or at school or with friends, or stopping the occasional pot or marijuana that you may be doing or whatever. I am just guessing all the simple things that could help you with these things apart from the notion that you are going crazy.

Do consult a psychiatrist. There are lots of reversible causes that may cause experiences like these. And we can help in all of them. Half the battle is already won that you are seeking help for the experiences.

Goof Luck.