I haven't had my period yet. Is this weird?

I haven t had my period yet. Is this weird? The thing is, all of my sisters and my mom have had their period between 11 and very early 12. And I m 13 and a half. I know it s normal to have a late period, but does the time in which you have it run in the family? If so, why haven t I had mine? To everyone: The reason I want to get my period is because my mom won t let me get my ears pierced until I get it.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
I didn't get my period until I was almost 16. My LITTLE sisters got theirs at 12 and 14. I know it's hard when everyone around you gets to experience something that you don't, but there isn't anything that you can do to make it come faster. Once you get it you'll be glad that you got an extended break from it :D. It's good that you're expecting it in a positive light and not dreading it.