I have yellow shades on my teeth, how to keep it white ?

dr. I brush twice a day, even then I have yellow shades on my teeth, how to keep it white.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Dentist 's  Response
Yellow stains on your teeth are extrinsic stains. These stains can be removed by scaling and polishing. If still the stains persist you can get a bleaching done or ceramic veneers done on your teeth.
Dentist Dr. Akanksha Pandit's  Response
I would like to advise you to first go to a dentist and get scaling and polishing done. If the yellow stains still persists, they can be intrinsic or due to the composition of tooth. A tooth consists of an inner dentin layer(yellowish in colour) and an outer enamel layer. Any defect in these these two components can be a reason for yellow appearance of tooth.To mask the yellow appearance ceramic veneers can be used. Bleaching the tooth also helps in whitening teeth. Hope this post is helpful to you. Take care

Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, the yellow shade may be due to calculus deposit, fluoride stains or internal discoloration of teeth. Please consult a dentist. You may require scaling, bleaching, composite restorations or ceramic splints depending on the cause and severity of the condition. Take care!
Dentist, Implantology Dr. Manish Juneja's  Response
must see a dentist who will guide you whether the yellow ciolor of your teeth is natural or they are some kind of stains... without seeing it will not be right to comment. seee a dentist. good luck
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
your yellow stains may be due to extrinsic stains or habitual. smoking is major cause for tooth yellow stains (if you are'nt a smoker please ignore). scaling could be of great help and if necessary bleaching will make it up. take care
Dentist Dr. Ravi Shah's  Response
Dear friend.
Causes for yellow staining is High flouride content in drinking water, calculus deposits or natural colour of tooth in some diseases in which there is very less enamel on tooth e.g. Dentinogenesis Imperfecta.
If it is due to calculus deposits the get Scaling and Polishing done from General dentist.
If not satisfied yet then go for Teeth Bleeching.
And in extreme cases composite or ceramic veneering has to be done.
Veneer is a thin cover for front portion of your teeth and are expensive.

Dentist Dr. Srividya Rao Vasista's  Response
Hi there,
A thorough SCALING & POLISHING will make a noticeable difference to your teeth.
Please visit a dental surgeon & do the needful.
Thanks & Take care
Dentist Dr. M.Karthikeyan's  Response
i want to know u mean yellow color is whether u have stains on ur teeth or ur teeth is yellow in color if there is no stains only color is yellow then that is ur tooth normal color want to get ur teeth brighter bleaching is the solution if any patches on ur teeth it may be fluorosis if any habitual stains quit the habit and go for scaling procedure and do polishing

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
yellow stain on your teeth are due to fluoride, in some area of our country. having more fluoride in drinking water.after long time of using this water will stain the teeth ,it is harmless.
by doing more brush or forcefully rubbing brush,will not solve the problem.cosmetic purpose ,some may go for capping of tooth,for this you may seek an advice of dentist