I have varicocele in right testis. Is surgery the best option ?

hello doctors, i m 20 yr old male, i have been diagnosed with right varicocele by my doctor (he is a General Surgeon ), i took ultrasound but it was negative, but he had a physical exam , and told me that it is really a varicocele because of swollen vein... The pain is almost 1 year... and the pain was only 4 out of 10... (10 is the most painful)... He told me that i don t need surgery , because i the pain is tolerable, it is only 4 out of 10... He told me that the best time to have surgery is when i will have a wife soon, i think this will be 5 years or more :) ... He also told me that surgery for varicocele is best after marriage.. so i told him that i will have surgery after 5 years or more haha :)), he told me that i can play basketball, but i should wear supporter tight brief.. he also told me that i can go to gym, lifts some weights....
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011