I have vaginal discharge from 4 years. What could be causing this?

I am 26 y/o female. I first noticed vaginal discharge over 4 years ago. I though nothing of it becuase my freinds told me it is normal to have occasional discharge. I had ovarian cysectomy shortley thereafter. The discharge continued. I f/u with my GYN who used the pH test kit in-office and told me I had bacterial infection. After starting the treatment I began to have itching associated with the discharge and returned to PMD only to find out I now had yeast infection. I was placed on treatment without an resolution. I returned to office and was again diagnosed with bacterial infection. This continued for a year - the MD started to prescribe Dyflucan and Flagyl together and I was instructed to take the treament back to back. I was prescribed both oral and vaginal Rx and neither yeilded any results. The discharge continued to progressively worsen. I went to 2 different MDs - both who sent specimens to labs and specimens came back negative. Discharge at this point was clear but excessive causing me to change liners at least three times during the day. The last MD I have seen now found i have a cervical ulcer coupled with yeast infection. I completed the treatment for the yeast infection and received Kryotherapy which resolved about 85% of the discharge. I returned to MD who said cervix is completley healed - however pH test was positive for yeast again. I completed the treatment again and discharge still reamins. No itching, slight odor, and clear.What could be causing this? I always take antibiotics as prescribed.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011