I have uric acid 6.0, is it normal at the age of 33 ?

dr ihave uricacid 6.0 and colistrol 189 i am a man and i am 33 yearold
Asked On : Sun, 16 Jan 2011
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi well come to HCM
YOUR uric acids seems to be in upper limit of normal for that you donot need
to have any medication if no symptoms.For cholesterol level you got to submit
for Lipid profile test which will give idea weather you require any medication or not.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
You need to send your complete report stating if it is your total cholesterol or LDL.
If it is total cholesterol then it is just a borderline rise and dietary modifications will help you. Raised uric acid levels need treatment if there are associated joint pains.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal