I have unexplained bruises, Should I be worried ?

I woke up this morning with four very dark unexplained painful bruises the size of quarters on my left arm and stomach. Should I be worried ?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
hi,are you taking any medicine like asprin have history of any other disease?
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
Most likely they are peticheal patches caused by capillary haemorrhages.
You will need thorough investigation to find out the cause for this. Most of the time it is not serious, may be caused by calcium deficiency but in certain cases they are very serious, so please do not ignore it.
Consult a doctor and get necessary investigations done including Total and differential count of WBC, platelet count etc.