I have toenail growing underneath another. Do i need to worry ?

The toenail on my left big toe stopped growing some time ago, I m not exactly sure why, but it happened after I cut it one day (I m not sure if I might have accidentally cut it too short and that could have caused it). After some time of it not growing at all, another nail started growing underneath it. It s been months and this other nail is still in the process of growing underneath the old one, it s about halfway out. I can feel when this nail grows, it hurts a little/feels a little tingly under the old nail. I m not sure how worried I should be or if I should be worried at all or if there s anything that I should be doing about it? Should I tell my physician about this or should I go to the emergency room for it? Or am I just freaking out over a small issue?
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011