I have tinnitus and now hearing loss

Hi I have tinnitus for past 2years and now facing hearing loss in both ears, please advice me... Age:29,Weight : 68, Height: 179cm thanks Sri
Asked On : Mon, 30 May 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
cochlear implants may be useful for your condition.
consult your audiologist about it.
try reduce caffeine intake
if u r a smoker avoid smoking.
if u r suffering from BP keep it under control by taking the prescribed medications.
certain behavioral and cognitive therapies also help
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
1. One option is to mask the tinnitus by using hearing aids.
2. You are probably a candidate for BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid). Is your hearing loss conductive, sensorineural or mixed?
3. Transtympanic steroids (dexmethasone) are of help in half the patients I treat.
4. Tinnex (Carvoverine) is a newly launched treatment.
1. Can you post your audiogram? What is your Speech Discrimination Score?
2. Have you has any previous treatment or medication? Has your eardrum been examined?
3. How severe is your tinnitus?
4. Do you have any other co-existing disease including nasal problems or history of head injury?
5. Do you have any dizziness or vertigo?