I have thyroid and anemia and i want to conceive. What should i do?

hi , i am 27 yr old female, married since 1 year, not children yet. my TSH level is 6.5. I got it cheked as i was having bleeding in between menses ( around 15 th day) for 2 months. also i had gained 4 kg in past one year. I have been anemic since childhood ( hb11 gm only), and have poor stamina. Does this mean i have hypothyroidism? Should i try exercise, diet changes or anyting else ..or wait for a while to re chek, before i start with thyroid medication. I also plan to concieve this year. Please suggest what can be done here.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Jan 2011