I have swollen tonsils with puss. Is it tonsillitis ?

swollen tonsills with no pain and a puss ball...
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Hello and welcome to healthcare forum.
Swallon tonsils alonge with pus formation is definately suggestive of inflammation of tonsils and you will require proper antibiotic treatment after swab culture and sensitivity test and with that antiinflammatory drugs.
Best wishes for your health.
ENT Specialist Dr. S K Pratinidhi's  Response
Welcome to Health caremagic forum, Tonsilitis may be acute or chronic infection. It usually manifest as throat pain and enlarged or swollen tonsil with pain on swallowing. But as you said you got only swollen tonsil and no pain so less likely to be an infection. As you noted pus point on tonsil, it may be a white patch may be of keratosis or a tonsilar cyst , which are non infective . But if persit for some more time than let an ENT specialist examine your throat and tonsil . Avoid judging your disease on seeing mirror.