I have spotted after sex & blood look like more brownish. What could be the reason for this ?

I have polycystic ovarian disease and never get my period. currently my management is just taking metformin for insulin sensitivity. for a while now i have spotted after sex. notice small amounts on the sheets. it is very light and mixed with a small amount of discharge which i assume is fairly normal post intercourse. however the fact there is definitely blood (more brown/doesn t look like fresh blood) is concerning and embarrassing! does anyone have any suggestions ?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Oct 2010