I have spongy lump on neck near collar bone

Hi i have a spongy large lump on my neck just above my collar bone, it does not hurt and is moveable? what could this be? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 1 Feb 2010
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include lipomas, cysts, growths from underlying connective tissue etc.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of lump under his/her guidance.

Wishing you good health...

Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
  Anonymous's Response

The site is more known for certain vascular tumors. Do you see it pulsating with blood flow? If yes is the answer, then that is the case. Also other possibilities are lipoma, fibroma. These are benign tumors and it has to be examined to differentiate whether it is benign or a malignant one.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.