I have some small lumps building up in the lower part of my neck, kindly suggest

I went to a hospital for check up because i have some small lumps building up in the lower part of my neck. Doctor said i have TB in the lymph node. Test (+) with FNA. Ultrasound tells i have 6 swelling lymph node. It enlarged about 4mm to 6mm each. Question is: 1.) Is surgery necessary to remove the swelling lymph node? 2.) I have not experienced any cough even before i am diagnosed with Lymphatic TB. Is this type of TB infection contagious?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011