I have severe pain after root canal. Can any online doctor please suggest

I have a tooth having treated root canal since ten years ago but without cap. A few moths ago the part of the tooth got broken and now severe pain started. Can you pl. suggest any medicine before visiting a docor
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Dentist 's  Response
When you had undergone root canal of your tooth your dentist must have suggested to get a crown done over it. A root canal tooth has no blood supply and hence it becomes brittle and is not able to withstand the masticatory forces. Contact your dentist and he will do the needful treatment.
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
always its best to cap the rct treated teeth since the vital parts of the tooth are removed it becomes brittle so it cant resist little heavy forces and tends to break. so go for a cap to make your RCT efficient. for now visit your dentist to asses the condition of remaining painful teeth. take care.
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, you can take Tab Aceclo Plus or Tab Ketorol 10mg for immediate relief before visiting a dentist. Caps are always placed to prevent breaking of the teeth after root canal treatment. Please do get caps placed immediately if ever you get a root canal treatment done again. Take care!