I have severe cold and cough. what could be the reason ?

I have severe cold and caugh suddenly I noticed last night while I am spitting in my phelgm some blood came what could be the reason
Asked On : Sat, 14 Aug 2010
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hi mangalam,
If you have sudden onset of cough with rhinitis may be due to acute tracheo bronchitis it may be due to viral infection, spitting of phelgm with blood may suggest associated broncitis, consult physician you require antibiotic tretment,
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response looks like viral bronchitis.Take steam inhalation and some anti allergic like cetrizine for 4 to 5 days.If the problem persists then get chest x-ray and hemogram done.Good luck.
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
Hi Mangalam
this could be just because of the infection, nothing to worry, but you need to consult a physician to rule out other possibilities and also to get a prescription of antibiotics
GO straight to a doctor this is seriously some thing WRONG