I have scoliosis and having an operation in 2 months, any advice

I have scoliosis and having an operation in 2 months any advice?
I am really scared about my operations. My spine is in the shape of an 'S' instead of '|'. i was diagnosed with scoliosis 2 years ago and i have been wearing a brace ever since. But 2 weeks ago i was told my curvitures have gone from 34 & 36 degrees to 51 & 50! i am booked into a private hospital and have to have 2 operations in 2 weeks. I am terrified, i have asked lots of questions to my consultant but i am still terrified! i know that it is normal to be scared but i feel so sad about it and worried. I need advice, has anyone ever had it done? Please answer me thanks x
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009