I have regular heart palpitations. What if my ecg comes out normal ?

I have regular heart palpitations, and they seem to be getting more and more noticable. I went to my GP, and she has made an appointment for me to have ecg etc, but she didnt seem to think anything was wrong with me, saying my blood pressure was normal and stuff. So I dont really understand, what if my ecg comes out normal ? will they just dismiss it and say its normal, because it causes a lot of distress to my life. I am 16 and a female by the way.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011