I have red spots on my arm that do not itch and are not raised. What could be this?

Hello, I am a 25 year old Male and I have red spots on my arm that do not itch and are not raised. They usually start really small and grow bigger. The spots are red at first and then turn brown in the middle of the spot. The spots are mostly circular in shape. They have been appearing on my arms for about 6 years now but I wish I really knew what was causing them so that I could make them go away. I have been to dermatologist but all say is they have to do more research and to stop taking multivitamins and fish oil which I have been taking off and on for years. That did not work unfortunately.
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011