I have recurrent ulcers in the mouth, How to treat it ?

I am a 45 year, with diabetes. I have recurrent ulcers in the mouth.. Can some one suggest what might be the cause ? How to treat it?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
DEAR welcome to Hcm
You should keep your Blood sugar level with in normal limit by Ahar vihar and Aushadhi [ diet , daily routine and medicine]
try taking some Liver tonic in tab form at least for one month
for local application irimedai tail
this measures will bring recovery completely

5 users find this helpful

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Packriswamy Sambangi's  Response
Hallo Peter.
Reccurent mouth ulcer caused by Nutritional Deficiencies such as Iron and Vitamin.,
Poor dental hygine, Bowel diseases , Skin diseases..etc.
My advice is , Keep your blood sugar level with in normal limit.
Take Vit , B.Complex tablets along with Liver tonlcs.
Eat Manathakkali keerai [ BLACK NIGHT SHADE ] frequentely. Because the leafs are very effective in the treatment of mouth ulcer, which clears the digestive and stomach disorders.
1.Grate some coconut. Extract the milk and gargle with this 3-4 times aday.
2.Gargle warm water added with common table salt 3 times a day.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. You haven't mentioned about your Blood sugar level?
2. If Sugar level is poorly controlled it will promote the growth of bacteria in mouth resulting in frequent gum disease and mouth ulcers.
3. Any Addiction?
4. one effect of Diabetes is dry mouth due to which there is not enough saliva production and the person is prone to mouth infection or sores, does your mouth remain wet?
5. If your sugar level is on higher side, make sure it is brought under normal range and then see whether the symptoms of mouth ulcers are reduced.
6. check your Hb%, Vit. B12 level.
7. till no further conclusion is drawn you can chew leaves of 'chameli' for effective relief without any effect on sugar level.
Ophthalmologist Dr. Khushbu Bhattad's  Response
Mouth ulcers are not harmful and get cured automatically in a week without any medication. Some are recurring ulcers called Aphthous ulcers with no known cause. Diabetes mellitus also causes recurrent mouth ulcers.
Causes Of Mouth Ulcers:
The causes of mouth ulcers may be more likely if the patient has diabetes or has a family history of diabetes. Apart from diabetes, there are other major causes of mouth ulcers-

Injury from a toothbrush
Accidental biting of the cheek.
Poor oral hygiene.
Burns from eating hot food.
Oral thrush infection.AIDS
Herpes simplex viral infection
Autoimmune diseases
Syphilis infection.
Reaction to certain drugs, such as chemotherapeutic agents

it is important to control your blood sugar, drink plenty of water, take proper sleep
if ulcer is not healing then visit physician for treatment
hope I answer your queries.
take care
Homeopath Dr. Sasi kala's  Response
welcome to health care magic,
for mouth ulcers take merc sol 200,3doses.again repeat it after 15 days.
take care.

better go in for a dental check up as soon as possible. Since u are a diabetic, chances for it to turn to cancer are high. I lost my dad about 20 days back because of this. he was also a diabetic.So please do go in for a check up soon

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
Dear peter
How is the recent Blood sugar level ? Are you in control diet there are chance of mouth ulcer in diabetic patient and there is tendency of Familier history of diabetes in your family. Beyond this there may be multi vitamin deficiency like vitb12 for arising Mouth are reoccurent mouth ulcers some of common cause are
Immuno compromised condition
Vitamin Deficiency
Calcium deficiency
Indulgence to excessive Spicy foods
Reduce intake of water

There is nothing to worry we had got effective Ayurvedic treatment for Mouth ulcers
1. Gandusha dharana with thriphala kwatha, i.e- gargling or holding the water or thriphala kwatha in the mouth of 10 mins twice daily.
2. Application of triphala churna mixed with honey over the small ulcers also gives good results.
3, Intake of a tablet by name-'' Khadiradhi Vati'' is really a good remidy.
4. Oil pulling with neem oil.
Contact your nearest Ayurvedic doctor for detail
  Anonymous's Response
Dear Peter,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
Mouth ulcer in a diabetic patient should be considered with seriousness and one should immediately go for sugar check up.If it is normal then you need to manage medicinally the ulcer in mouth.
For this you can take borax 30 4 tabs 3 times in day for 4-5 days.Don't worry about other serious diseases like cancer.If the ulcer is not cured for more than 1 month than only generally it results in cancer and that too there are very vague chances ,plus some associated factors like smoking ,tobacco chewing etc are responsible for such complications otherwise most of the ulcers are benign.

Wish you speedy recovery,

dr jignesh parmar
Homeopath Dr. Swati Ramkumar's  Response
Dear Peter,
Reccurent mouth ulcers could be caused due a to a variety of reasons like Vitamin B complex deficiencies, poor oral hygiene, constant irritation due to sharp tooth or dentures, trauma while brushing teeth, alcohol, tobacco chewing, drugs like aspirin etc.,
The underlying cause needs to be identified , since you are a diabetic, get your blood sugar levels checked and keep them under control with medications, diet and exercises.
Avoid too hot or food and drinks.
Visit your treating physician so that he can examine you and advise accordingly.
General & Family Physician Dr. Syed Anwar Nadeem's  Response
you should take cucumber juice a cup daily
diabetes might be the cause, as it decreases the immunity.
strict control of diabetes, proper oral hygene should be maintained.
regular follow up for diabetes.
Homeopath Dr. Mungara Raveendra's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up some possibilites to fit your condition of RECURRANT APTHOUS STOMATITIS.these include

1.anemia;check for Hb%level

2.vitamin deficency

4.chronic acid pepsic dyspepsia.

treatment plan;

i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints

Usually in such cases I will give treatment for my patients in the following manner..NUX VOMICA 1M BD/after food upto 10 days then review.

consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints. or mail me at
I hope this is helpful for you, thank you     

The cause for mouth ulcers can be due to trauma, vitamin deficiency, stress and infection

Since you are a diabetic, the ulcers can get easily infected

Prevent infections by using antibiotic mouth gargles regularly

Keep your sugars under control

Glycerine mouth gels over the ulcer will help in pain relief.

Avoid hot and spicy food

Multivitamins should help

Avoid stressors and learn to manage the stress with relaxing exercises if you cannot completely avoid them.
« Previous 1 2 Next »