I have really bad cramps with lots of flow during period

ok.....I've been on my period for 2 days, all day yesterday i had a normal flow and today its' alot, like in an hour my tampon and pad was full and i have really bad cramps that are to the point of making me trying to stay calm cuz i know itll just freak my body out even more if i dont , but i'd like to know if this is normal- or if somethings going on, i need to know what to do...please help!!!!
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
My mother went though something like this about 3 months ago. She was going though a super tampon every 20-30 minutes. After 2 days of it and it not slowing down she went into the hospital and they honestly did not know how to help. She saw her primary care physician the next day and she was alright but they decided to do an operation on her in November. They used some type of electrical current to seal the walls of her vagina and she hasn't had a period since. The only other option they gave her was a hysterectomy so she was very fortunate the procedure took. My suggestion is wait it out over night and if it doesn't slow down go to the hospital. In some instances, please don't freak out and start worrying about it now, but sometimes there are cysts or tumors that cause excess bleeding so it's very important you get checked out. Likely, it's stress... You could just be stressed out and this is your bodys way of dealing with it. But either way go get checked to be sure. I wish you much luck!