I have puss cell, mucous threads and ep cell in my urine. What does it mean ?

Asked On : Fri, 6 May 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
Dear Anita,
UTI stands for Urinary Tract Infection. This is a bacterial infection, affecting any part of the urinary tract. The symptoms include frequent urge to urinate, burning sensation or pain during urination.In severe cases fever with chills. Females fall prey to UTI more commonly due to the shorter length of the urethra as compared to males.

In your case the urine analysis findings if associated with the above mentioned complaints are suggestive of UTI(mild). If you do not have any symptoms, then you would not require any medications just based on the urine analysis.

You need to
1) Increase your water intake (10-12 glasses/day)
2) Barley water helps in reducing the burning
3) Avoid using public toilets
4) Do not have intercourse when the bladder is full and also make it a habit to go to the toilet after intercourse.(sex is the cause of 75–90% of bladder infections, with the risk of infection related to the frequency of sex.)
5) Maintain hygiene.

Homeopath Dr. Prashant Baheti's  Response
uti means urinary tract infection means presence of micro-organism ex.staphylococci,Ecoli,enterococcietc in urinary tract.the presenting symptom are sudden fever with chill,nausea,vomiting,burning at the time of avoid recurrent uti increase ur intake of water.
for a better result please concern nearby homoeopath with brief history of ur complaints.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
The UTI means urinary tract infection. you report suggest for possilbe UTI. for proper antibiotic choice you had to do urine culture. there is alternative better choice of drugs in Ayurveda for UTI. The urine alkaliser and herbal medicine against infection may help you to heal in natural condition. The increase in intake of water is needed and take rest proper hygiene

take care
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
You are having mild Urinary infection and more intake of liquids to increase urinary output will flush out the infecting bacteria. herbal alkalisers like uralka prevent further growth of bacteria. Medicines like gokshur guggul and bangshil eradicate bacteria and make tract free from infection.
Homeopath Dr. Ratnesh Pandey's  Response
welcome to HCM
if there is pus cell in the urine then you have infection in urinary tract infection.
so i would advice you to visit any good doctor otherwise you may have some serious issue.thanks
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Your urine report shows that you have got urinary infection,we can say it is mild infection.
take plenty of water.
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi Welcome to healthcare Magic

UTI means urinary tract infection.. your urine analysis report there is mild UTI.. symptoms are burning micturition, fever, chills. generalized mayalgia.. most common anti biotic are norflox 400mg twice for 5 days... you need to drink plenty of water.. it will suside by a week..
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
u have mild uti.take a lot of water . if still symptoms like burning micturition fever persists you may need antibiotics like fluroquinolone or nitrfurantoin for 3 to 4 days if it is mild. take care.
  Anonymous's Response
hello Anita,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
UTI Means Urinary Tract Infection .i.e. infection in the urinary canal which starts from urinary bladder to external urinary orifice (urethra).It can occur due to many reasons but main reason is hygiene.
Your report shows 4-6 puss cells and 15-20 epithelial cells which is not a heavy infection
You can take pyrogenum 1m/1dose of homeopathic medicine along with hepar sulph 30/4 tabs 3 times in a day for 3-4 days.

Measures you should take to get rid off UTI.
Take plenty of water
Take more liquids in food than solids.
Keep your private parts neat and clean.
Shave regularly
Avoid contimination by clearing your white discharge problem if you suffer from.

For more details regarding your UTI and related infection you can check this site

dr jignesh parmar

dr jignesh parmar