I have piles and Is it going to affect my pregnancy ?

Hello, I'm 22years old. I'm in a doubt whether i have piles. For 5 years i have a small pile like thing shown just outside anus but no bleeding, itching or pain. I don't suffer from constipation. I've been married for 3 yrs and now planning to get pregnant. Is it going to affect my pregnancy ??
Asked On : Sun, 28 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Pregnancy will not be affecting the piles, if at all you have.. However labour and straining can increase the piles and making it worse.. So I would suggest you to consider seeing a doctor and confirm, if at all it is piles and treat it as needed.. You can still get pregnant and delivery can happen by section if you do not want to worsen the condition.. Discussing with your doctor after an examination can help you in providing much more information..