I have pain in root canal and suffering from sleep disorder

i had completed root canal 10 days back. But there is little pain /irritation. particularly after eating . And i am suffering sleep disturbances too.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Feb 2011
Dentist 's  Response
After a root canal treatment there will be slight irritation around the tooth which is an inflammatory response. You can wait for another 4-5 days and see if it resolves.
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, there could be slight infection in the jaw bone leading to pain. The bone takes quite some time to heal after a root canal treatment particularly if there was pus formation around the root. So sometimes it leads to pain after pressure is exerted on the tooth. You can take analgesic and anti inflammatory medication like Dicloran A. It would be better to take antibiotics for 3 days along with anti inflammatory medication. Please consult your dentist if the pain does not subside.
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response

The bone takes quite some time to heal after a root canal treatment particularly if there was pus formation around the root. So sometimes it leads to pain after pressure is exerted on the tooth. Also there can be some pressure from the opposing tooth. It would be better to take antibiotics for 3 days along with anti inflammatory medication.
take care...
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
hello
welcome to health care magic
i think u should continue withg anti biotic course lter u can have rct
Dentist Dr. Anshu Singla's  Response
Hi, You need not to worry about this. Actually when there was a lot of infection in the tooth before the root canal, there will be healing time required after the procedure and you may experience some pain. This pain can be moderate to severe and last several days, getting a little better each day.So,If you feel pain while chewing it is still healing and you need to chew on the other side of your mouth until the pain is gone.Else you can taka a short course of antibiotic and antiinflammatory if required.