I have ocd of washing hands and things. what should I do ?

It all started with bad thoughts realted to god. I acquired a habit of washing hands n things which got in contact with religious material like(if someone kept my book in temple I will clean my book,if someone puts tika on my forehead I had to take a bath)It made my life hell. I started avoiding religious ceremonies,stopped worshipping. It happened for 2 years, I took several medicines but nothing helped.Instead I put on weight.Now after marriage my condition has worsen.Now I wash each and every thing,whether its my house,my furniture,eatables,or even an electronic item. I have lost my job, I cant focus on any work,and my marriage is ruining due to this. The difference between before and now is dat first I use to wash things which get in contact with god figures,but now I wash things when I feel they might carry some disease or evil thin.I have tried to suppress my feelings but it doesnt help. I wash things all day long. I cant sleep peacefully, I cant live like this. I wish to commit suicide . what should I do ?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
i have ocd too. i found out that ocd is an effect of a very distressing exprence or when u r so mentally distress. i began to have ocd after an accident when i was 16, i bumped my forehead on a motorcycle and had a dent in my forehead. That dent was ugly to my eyes and i just cant go on with my life. I wanted a surgery but my mother was afraid... i felt hopeless like it it the end of the world for me. after that, i have severe ocd.... intrusive thoughts like "what if im ugly...." " what if i am homeless...", "what if i am a dumb person..." and other depressing thoughts... i would get depressed , i have those thoughts every second of the day and i was anxious.... when i turn 20 " i had a fear i might be gay..." and a fear that i will will remain single my entrire life. i almost committed suicide twice. but i chose to move on and hoping thing would get well soon..... i found out that ocd thoughts and feelings are bullshits no matter how real they feel. i decided not to believe in them anymore, and not do compulsions no matter how much anxety i feel. whe i was 24, my anxieties were so lessened. my eforts were paying off. then i began to notice my dent forehead and became depressed by it, all the hopelessness came back all of a sudden....
there u go,,, i just found out the real cause of my ocd. on march 30 2011, i had my forehead surgery and now my forehead is back. i feel normal now and so confident... all those bullshit anxieties are laughable to me now. So now i ask u.... before that ocd of yours tormented you, what was bothering you?
if there is something that u can do to resolve that problem then do it.... and this will help too START remove the word START. u can add me on facebook, it's jimwell27. good luck!
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
you have to be under guidance of a psychiatrist.if medical treatment is not helpful to you you may go for behaviour therapy . its very helpful. take care
  Anonymous's Response
come on man you no that this is all in your head! you must and can get over this, trust me you can do it! you just have to stop! push yourself and tell yourself the truth that what you are doing is completly irrashional. i was the same as you for about two years and one day i just stopped forced my self to and it improved my quality of life so much. just simply stop and if you dont wash something or dont give in to the OCD, do not think about it, carry on what the other thing was you were doing! try it you will be ok! ( sorry about the spelling)
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
U R SUFFERING FROM Obsessive compulsive disorder. immediately consult an psychiatrist.

For this disease 2 types of treatment r there.

1- behaviour therapy ( flooding).

2- medical treatment.
  Anonymous's Response
In homeopathy you have medicine for each and every sensation unlike allopathy.So for your tendency to wash hands constantly we have remedy in homeopathy.
You can take Syphyllinum 1m 1 dose and just relax you will be recovered from this ailment .Just report back after a month's period.
If recovered completely within 15 days then mention in the review,

dr jignesh