I have now had several high BP readings. Is there anything else I can do to bring it down ?

I have been told that my blood pressure is high and I need to go on medication? I have now had several high blood pressure readings over the last few months, my last one was 165 over 118, my doctor has now said that I need to take pills for this, I stopped smoking 2 years ago, stop using salt ( although I m aware it will be in some foods) 2 months ago, I am 5.5 high weigh 10 stone 9 pounds, 47 year old female, I exercise regularly, cycling, running, walking etc. Is there anything else I can do to bring it down ? or is this it. pills forever?!
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009