I have noticed a lump underneath skin located in my vaginal area, please advise

I have recently noticed a lump underneath the skin in my vagina. It hurt when i touch it. it feels swollen. when ever i look at it i cant see anything thing. but when i touch it i feel this lump. i was thinking a piece of hair was stuck somewhere due to shaving but i cant find it. usually i am able to. i think this maybe something serious. the lump is the size of a cherry. someone please tell me what you think. -thanks
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jun 2010
it means your growing
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
You have folliculitis.Please see a doctor for antibiotics.
Have you had this before because you said you thought it might be due to an ingrown hair but you couldn't find it and you usually can. If this is common for you maybe it is something like that, also I hear it is common to get abscesses in that area too. Try soaking in a hot bath with Epsom salts and see if you cant bring it to a head.Maybe even keep a hot washcloth down there while watching t.v.. When all else fails, go see a professional.