I have not started my period. I am 15

i am quite worried because i m 14 (15 in a few months) and i still haven t started my periods and most of my friends have. i am worried that there is something wrong with my body or something. my mum reassures me that there is nothing wrong as she was a late developer. is there something wrong with me?! :(
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Since your mother also started it late it could be genetically prone to have little late
period in the family. When your mother is confidant you should not worry for it. She
must be noticing it and she is aware of it, and as when she feels things are over due
she will definately ask for medical check up. You may not require even any medical check
up for it. Even your apprehension can delay the things. Leave to your mother, she knows
things were little delayed in her case as well. Thanks