I have nasal polyps in left side. is there any side effect after operation ?

I have nasel polyps in left side, due to this,there is a bloackage on the left side and my nasel bone was become disorder. so there is very less space in the right side. so i can t breath properly. I Consult with my Doctor and he suggested for operation(Septoplasty Surgery ) so please let me know, operation is the only way to resolve this problem or any other way if yes please let me know and also tell me that there is any side effect after operation ?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Dec 2010