I have missed my period, negative HPT

i havent had my period since dec 17th 2009. so a week ago i went to take a pregnancy test and it came up negative. then 3 days ago it looked like i was going to start my period but it was like really really light. i put in a tampon and i went to change it like 5 hrs later and it was practically clean. then the next morning the same thing happened. and it happened again today. but it only seems to bleed a tiny bit, like its a lightish red color and only happens in the morning. whats wrong ?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Menstrual irregularities are noticed in many other condition apart from pregnancy.. A few of those conditions that may cause are infection, stress, thyroid dysfunction, anaemia and so on.. But if you have been having unprotected sex, then there is no harm in repeating the pregnancy test again or may be get a blood test instead of urine test..