I have missed my period for 5 months. I am not sexually active but physically active

i'm sixteen. I havent had my period in around 5 months. I've never had sex, so it cant be that. But, i play volleyball and im pretty active. I've been getting my period since 8th grade. This past summer i was stressing a lot, so i lost around 7lb's, but i put all that weight back on and now im around 110lb's. Some people say it's because im active that i haven't been getting my period, and im pretty thin too. Is this something that is serious? and should i see a doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Sep 2010
  Anonymous's Response
If I were you I would definately seek a dotors opinion. Knowing for sure that your body is in great health is a valuable equity that only a true professional can tell you. Take care!