I have milk in my breasts but I am not pregnant

I am 16 and I have a question about my breasts. They are very large and heavy. For the last week I have had milk in them, and they have been very sensitive and hurt. I know I'm not pregnant because I've never had sex with anybody. Today I had to put a washcloth in my bra before school so the milk wouldn't show through my shirt. Now, I'm really starting to freak out because I know this isn't normal, but I'm too embarrassed to tell my mom. Will this go away on it's own if I do something about it?
Asked On : Tue, 25 May 2010
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Having some milky secretions from breasts even if you are not pregnant is common due to hormonal changes in the body. to stop this discharge, stop touching or stimulating your breasts. Stop indulging in any kind of sexual activity or will subside in a few days.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
I have milk in my breasts but I'm not pregnant