I have messed up in taking the first set of contraceptive pills. How to continue with the next set ?

i forgot my contraceptive pill the last day of the 3 week. i took the pill i forgot the next day but this was the last one, so i took just one not two like you usually do when you forget one. then i didn t know if i should wait the regular seven days... so i tried that, but then after 3 days my period still wasn t here. so i freaked out and started taking the pills again. now i have no idea what to do and how should i take the next set of pills (or if i should stop) and whether i am protected or not this week.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011