I have lump in middle of urinary tract causing sharp pain. What is it ?

This morning I woke up without any problems, and now about an hr after, i had extreme pain after going to the bathroom in the front of my penis. I couldn t touch it or even lay on my stomach because of the pain and although it hurt a little less now, it still hurts continuously, and even worse if I touch it again. I examined it for any abnormalities, and noticed a large ball like shape directly underneath my head , basically in the middle of the urinary tract. This is what is hurting. Any ideas what this is and what I should do?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Dec 2010