I have low cholesterol. What should i do?

26 years my cholesterol tested and my god is very low and i was just wondering what could happen and what should i do?
Asked On : Sat, 7 Nov 2009
We would like to know the exact levels of your cholesterol as in the report. It is because the curious thing about this that low serum cholesterol is the consequence, not the cause, of the patients illness. One should find out the cause of low Cholesterol. In General a low cholesterol levels may be associated with an increased risk of death in people with cancer. However, there is no evidence that a low cholesterol level causes cancer. Low cholesterol levels may also be associated with depression and anxiety. The low cholesterol levels depends on the individual. A newborn has a low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol level of 30 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) and develops normally at this level. People who eat low-fat, low-cholesterol diets may have an LDL cholesterol level between 40 and 50 mg/dL and a total cholesterol level of 100 mg/dL and they do just fine.In general total cholesterol level to be less than 200 mg/dL and LDL cholesterol level to be below 100 mg/dL. For individuals at very high risk of heart disease, LDL cholesterol level of about 70 mg/dL and a total cholesterol level between 140 and 150 mg/dL is recommended. The LDL cholesterol levels between 60 and 70 mg/dL are not only safe but can help slow or even reverse coronary artery disease.We suggest you to consult a physician for further management.