I have itchy vagina with thick yellow discharge. Is it normal ?

itchy vagina,removing thick yellowish discharge and sometimes brown i think mixed with blood .I bleed oftenly.What could be the problem i'm scared. i have been having this problem in my vagina.Removal of very thick discharge,itchy and yellowish.Sometimes brown dark like mixed with blood.Moreover i bleed unnecessarily though not much blood.Everyday i have to clean myself inside to remove the dirt so that to stop the itchiness.If i dont clean myself i scratch myself to an extend of swelling.Too itchy.i once went to the hospital and i was told i m okay.I dont know what to do.I m really scared of the dirt coming out and the itchiness of everyday and everytime i remove the discharge.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
You have Vaginal Candidiasis which is a Fungal Infection of Vagina. Take Tab. Forcan 150 mg single dose and apply candid B Powder over the area which itches. Get yourself evaluated once, by a Gynecologist to rule out Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
Take Care.
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Welcome to likely you have fungal infection(yeast).Maintain proper perineal hygiene by using cotton underwear,Use topical antifungals .also get your blood tested for sugars as high blood sugar may predispose to yeast.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
It sounds like you may have an infection, either of the vagina or the cervix. Most of these infections can be treated easily with antibiotics. You should see your doctor to diagnose which infection you have and which antibiotic will be appropriate for you
Common vaginal infections include bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and chlamydia. Gonorrhea is another less common vaginal infection.