I have itchy, dry and flaking skin on my scrotum. How did I get this and what can I do to cure it?

Dear Doctor . I am a male of 26 years and I have itchy, dry and flaking skin on my scrotum . They cover about 1.5 inches on each sac. I ve had this condition for over 3 months now. Can you tell me what would cause this? I shave my entire genitals bald. I don t think this would be the problem since I ve been doing this for several years. I started to wash my genitals for about a month now and apply lotion , to try and stop it. Do you think not washing them before would have started this? I have not had sex with anyone, because I m afraid of catching std s. I work in construction and have to use portable toilets. Do you think I could have caught this from the toilet seat? Some friends I ve asked say it s because I am not circumcised. Can this be true? I don t want a circumcision; that is not practiced in Latin culture. Should I start applying vitamin-E lotion? How did I get this and what can I do to cure it? Sincerely, concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011