I have irregular periods, please suggest me

Question for girls: period 4 days late, but i'm a virgin. should i be concerned? Ok. I m 14 and my periods have been pretty regular for the past couple years, but I haven t gotten my period yet. My last one was on Nov. 21. they usually last for 6 days. I m a virgin so i kno i m not preg. Should i be concerned?? some people have said things about exercise and i d like to add that i have been conditioning for softball for the past couple weeks (which means i ve been either working out or running for like and hour and a half 2 or 3 times a week)
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Periods are not always regular. Have you been exercising or working out? That can have an effect, as can stress, worrying, and diet changes. I would not worry about it (especially since you are not sexually active), 4 days is not that much--enjoy the break:) Ask your mom to check with your doctor if you are still concerned.
  Anonymous's Response
Don't worry. Mine were fine for a while, then weren't regular then they were. It's all about growing into them, even after two years.