I have irregular period from the beginning

I have had my period for almost three years now, i am currently 14, i started when i was 12, But ever since i started i have been a irregular, in the forms of how many days or what day it starts or how long or heavy. At first i thought it normal but then it started becoming worse, in the sense of i was skipping periods, i am not sexually active so i knew it could not be anything like being pregnant or such. But i would skip months, Not when i first started but recently i went 5 months without a period, this can not be normal! Since that spell i am currently on the 2nd period i have had since then, the one before this was normal and i thought things were starting to get normal, But this month i started on the 24th of January and it is the 10th of February. This cant be normal! i am scheduling an appointment with a gynocolagist, but i would like some answers now. My appointment is a little ways away. Please help! thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 12 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Irregular periods are known to occur due to various reasons.. It is especially very common in young girls as the hormones rhythm is still not completely normal... These hormonal causes may be the reason. However other conditions such as lack of proper nutrition, stress, infections, anaemia, endocrine abnormalities, PCOD are also known to cause menstrual irregularities.. I would guess it is more due to the immaturity in the hormonal rhythm and mal nurishment as the probable reason cause for your irregularities.. Reduce your apprehension and stress as they will only make your symptoms worse.. Check with your doctor..