I have irregular heartbeat, any idea what is going on with me ?

for the past 2 days, ive notice my heart isnt normal. it wil rendomly speed up for a few seconds, and stop, a few seconds or minutes later, do it again. it feels like the heaviness when one feels depressed, but im not, and aits not a long lasting sensatiojn, and if i take a deep breath, it feels a bit better. have any idea what is going on?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
If it has only happened over 'the past 2 days' consider what could have caused it. Are you anxious, worried over something? You do not give your age nor any details about your general health. Palpitations are very common, especially when we are stressed. That heaviness/depressed feeling can go hand in hnnd with the menopause. the cause is hormonal in that instance. Not all abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) are dangerous. In fact, an abnormal heartbeat is a common occurrence. Most people have an occasional extra heartbeat, usually without noticing it. Excessive stress, lack of sleep and stimulants, such as caffeine and nicotine, increase the risk of arrhythmias, as can medications, such as decongestants and alcohol. It is common, but mainly occurs in older people. Nearly 50,000 cases are diagnosed each year in the UK. It becomes more common with increasing age. About 1 in 200 people aged 50-60 have AF. This rises to just under 1 in 10 people aged 80-90. Instead of worrying and reading up on the doom and gloom possible causes go and talk to your doctor. the more you worry the more you will feel palpitations. A favourite quote... "I kept my word" said the Devil "I only took 100, anxiety took the rest".