I have increased heartbeat with BP 150/100

sir there is sudden increase in heart beat and on diagnosis my BP reading is 150/100.I had taken one tab by name olmezest h.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Feb 2010
Diabetologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
BP reading is high, and u have to continue the medications, get ur complete blood investigations done to rule out other cause, its very imp to know ur age for the evaluation.

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Yes this is considered to high blood pressure.But,single isolated reading needs to be monitored.Please keep in touch with your primary care physician and get it regularly checked.It this remains high or you are having problems you need to take treatment.Please do not take anything on your own.Reduce salt intake in the diet and try to avoid stress,watch your weight and do regular exercise.Take medicines as per the advise from your doctor and go for some investigation as per advise.
wishing you good health.
  Anonymous's Response

When i was diagnosed with High B.P my doc stritly adviced me to cut down on my salt intake,have a planned diet chart,quit smoking and alcohol,drink plenty of water and fluids,cut down on my carbonated drinks. He also put me on some prescription drugs,but that was for a short while.And then soon i had controled b.p.